We respect your rights to privacy under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act) and we comply with all of the Act’s requirements in respect of the collection, management and disclosure of your personal information.
What is your personal information?
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
We respect your rights to privacy under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act) and we comply with all of the Act’s requirements in respect of the collection, We collect personal information about you so that we can provide you with the best user experience.
The main purposes for which we may collect personal information include:
• to provide you with an opportunity to create a user profile;
• to provide you with recommendations on documents you may want to listen to;
• to provide you with an opportunity to engage with other users of the Platform;
• to answer enquiries and provide information when searching the website; for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, Platform development and for research purposes of Audio Scriptr, its related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
• to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
• to process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
• to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in cooperation with any governmental authority of any country (or political subdivision of a country). management and disclosure of your personal information.
What personal information do we collect and hold?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
• mailing or street address;
• email address;
• telephone number;
• age or date of birth;
• profession, occupation or job title;
• photographs of you;
• personal attributes (height, ethnicity, gender);
• location information;
• Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, Unique Device Identifiers (UDIDs) and other unique identifiers in specific circumstances;
• contact lists and your social connections;
• voice print and facial recognition biometrics;
• document genre preferences and what videos you like or engage with on our websites or app;
• credit card and payment information for payments you make through our Platform; and
• any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our Platform or indirectly through use of our Platform.
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users use our Platform.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so.
When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in ways including:
• through your access and use of our Platform;
• online through social media platforms; and
• when you submit or upload data via the Platform.
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
• we may not be able to provide the requested services to you, either to the same standard or at all;
• we may not be able to provide you with information about content that you may want to access;
• we may be unable to tailor the content of our Platform to your preferences and your experience of our Platform may not be as enjoyable or useful.
To whom may we disclose your information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
• production houses, distributors and other users;
• our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operation of our Platform; and
• any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
Direct marketing materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see the details below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (see the details below). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We may charge you a fee to cover our administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you. We will not charge for simply making the request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information. There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal. If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it.
Do we disclose your personal information to anyone outside Australia?
We may disclose personal information to our related bodies corporate and production houses located overseas for some of the purposes listed above. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
We may disclose your personal information to entities located outside of Australia,including the following:
• our data hosting and other IT service providers, located overseas (our cloud service providers may store data in several countries.
We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We may hold your information in either electronic or hard copy form. Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed. As our Platform is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
Our Platform may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
Please contact us at